Pages

23 May 2010

Surreservé

Delta overbooked my flight and so they are offering $600 for volunteers to give up their seat.  Thankfully, people are lining up to receive their free money.  It would have to be a LOT of money to get me to give up this trip.  Maybe a million dollars.  Maybe.  It's the right time in my life for this trip.


This is the summer when everything starts.  I get to see some wonderful people this summer.  I'll be in France in about a day.  I get to watch beautiful children and see Normandy.  I get to ride a train.  I've always wanted to ride a train.


FYI:  There will be no pictures of the children or the parents as I want to respect their privacy.  However, I'll post pictures of myself and the sites I see.  


The parents are meeting me at the Charles de Gaulle airport.  The mother is a doctor and was on a humanitarian mission in the Middle East.  Their current au pair is at home alone with the two children.  I cannot wait to meet her and her twin sister.  I have some small gifts for all of them, and I'll let you know what they are once they receive them.


I really don't fully comprehend the fact that I'm going to be in France.  It's so surreal and I have no experiences to compare it to.  I'm excited, but not as elated as I'll be when I'm actually there.


If you know my cell phone number, you can call me on it while I'm in France and the voicemail will tell you what number to call, which is free for me and you.


The plane takes off from the Pensacola airport in about 30 minutes.  I think I'll go buy some magazines.

0 comments:

Post a Comment