Pages

02 May 2010

La plage et l'huile

First of all, thanks to Léna Roy for the clever blog name.  Her blog is listed on the right as really the only blog that I follow.  If anyone can give me the addresses of interesting blogs, let me know.  I'm really enjoying the blog world.  Léna is coming out with her first novel, "Edges" in December.  She is the greatgranddaughter of Madeleine L'Engle, one of my favorites.  She has a great deal to live up to, but I'm guessing she has a great deal of talent as well, especially judging by her blogs.  


So this blog is supposed to be about my trip to France, but I'm not there yet.  I will be going to Normandy, minutes away from the beautiful beaches.  Today I am going to go to the beach here in America, and hopefully tomorrow as well, because I am also only minutes away from the beaches.  I hope that we are all predicting the worst (le pire) and that it will not actually happen, but of course I'm preparing for a catastrophe.  So I will take my camera and get some last shots.  


I'm going to try and volunteer as soon as I get any information.  I went to deepwaterhorizonresponse.com to get the number for the volunteer information.


Also, I just spoke to my French family on Skype.  Right now, they have an au pair, and she's been there since March.  She'll be there when I get there to show me the ropes.


Here's a picture of me and my family at the beach.  



4 comments:

Léna Roy said...

I can't wait to see Normandy through your eyes, (and perhaps a little vicarious living, non?) And thank you for the props about my BLOG!

Anna said...

You can vicariously live through me all you want.

No problem about the blog. I love it.

Lauren Winterflood said...

Can't wait til you get here!

Hope your beaches are okay :S

Anna said...

Me, neither. I'm counting down the days.

Beaches will be fine until Thursday or Friday. I'll let you know what happens.

Post a Comment