Pages

05 May 2010

Le deuxième jour à la plage


So I said I'd keep the posts to a minimum - not so.  I took some more pictures of the beach the next day.  It was so sunny and blissful.  So here are some photos.  


Before I got on the long bridge to Gulf Breeze, I saw some news trucks and had to pull over.  The guy in the green/grey shirt invited me to check out the inside of the truck.















I got some shots of the anchors from the different stations.  









Of course I got photos of the boom - the orange thing in the photos that is supposed to protect our shores from the oil that is on its way.












A photo to leave with you of that excursion ---


After the second bridge, I saw another news crew.  This one was a local news crew from Houston.







On my way to my normal beach spot, I spotted ANOTHER news crew in front of the Hilton.  Alas, I couldn't find the anchors, so I just chilled at the beach in front of the Hilton.  

Here are some other people enjoying the beach.









I did the classic 'Myspace' photo.  Every teen knows how to take pictures of themself.  You can interpret as another example of how self involved the teen is.  I say it's just skill.  Then I boldly asked some passersby to get a picture of me.  
























Some more shots of the hotel and the pier leading to it.






A final shot from that elusive news crew...

4 comments:

Lauren Winterflood said...

wow, i love all the photos! I reckon it would be an awesome job to be a reporter/anchor.
Your beach is beautiful!

Anna said...

Thanks! Actually, our news is kind of lame. It's exciting now because of the oil spill, but last week the main story was about how you could go to the local mall to get your paper shreaded. The weatherman is my neighbor though. He's nice.

Léna Roy said...

Great photo-journalism Anna! And yes, still beautiful, despite the tragedy. Where exactly are we gazing?

Anna said...

Pensacola Beach.

Post a Comment