Pages

13 May 2010

La vie, c'est quelquefois une grande blague

Let's just say I've had a rough week, and leave it at that.  But there are always some places that take me home instantly.  Last week, I got to go to the beach.  I've spent a lot of my childhood summers at the beach.  Then, I went to my Nana's farm for what I call 'W-day'.  They did quite a lot of Work and my family loves having a get-together.  So there was a great day at the farm.  No matter where I am in life, the farm brings me back to my roots.  Then my dad and I went to check out the river.  It has changed quite a bit.  Now that the state has bought the land, my family isn't there to keep up the roads and the campsite.  HOWEVER, if the state had not bought the land, IP could have sold it to someone who would have developed it.  Now, the state will preserve it as part of a Wildlife Refuge.  No one will touch our land.  


If you ever want to hear a good story, ask me about how my grandmother saved all the acres that our family owned.  She's one of my heroes, I have to say.


Anyway, enough writing.  Onto the pictures.  


My nana's in the picture closest to the camera.  My Poppy is on the tractor.  And let's get this right.  The spelling is Poppy, not Popie.  Some relatives down in South Florida seem to think his name is Popie.  Silly Bradleys.


Here's my Uncle Charlie.  Below that picture is my Uncle Herbert on the tractor.




   


My family loves to talk...




They like to converse...



They like to chew the fat...



They like to eat, too...



And talk...




The men get so overwhelmed by everything that goes on in the kitchen, they just go sit in the corner...





There's a lot of love in our family.




Now for the river pictures...





Dad:  "Who am I, Anna?"
Anna:  "An Indian?"
Dad:  "No!  Statue of Liberty!"
Anna:  "Oh.  I get it."  








This was taken back in the 90s.  A 'vintage' river shot of the family.  Somehow, I missed out on this photo.  Not sure where I was.  Probably underwater.










































Then I got home, and we washed the cat.  We are very clever.  His name is Big Kitty.  His brother's name is Little Kitty.  Big Kitty not Happy.





3 comments:

Pamela Nichols said...

Great photo of Nana and Poppy. Big Kitty looks traumatized. Classic Phillip pic. Where are pictures of Anna?

Sarah said...

Great pictures.. But as nicknames go, they can be spelt any way. I prefer Popie because it's not like poppy seed or a poppy flower. Does it really matter how you spell it? No. But back to your photos, they capture our family very well.

Anna said...

Haha. Just trying to see if the Bradleys are reading. Now I know.

Can't wait to see you!

Post a Comment