Pages

26 May 2010

Je peux conduire ici - j'ai reussi

Alors - not a big post because of the computer problem.  Just wanted to let you know that I did not embarrass myself today when driving.  In fact, I did rather well.  And I am getting used to this keyboard, which means it may be difficult to return to the American one.  


I drove last night with Fred and drove Maude to school with Lawrie.  C'est pas trop difficile.  I stalled 3 times in rather inconvenient places but people seem to be patient here.  Lawrie certainly is.  I am going to start English lessons today with the two younger kids.  Maude, the oldest is very good at English already.  


Sorry Mom, can't say that I am homesick, it is too perfect here.  Although I was during that horrible experience at the airport.  I wanted to come home immediately.  But things got better once I got some sleep and some food.


So on this keyboard, the A is in a very inconvenient place.  I have to reach and use my pinky finger.  Les français sont très bizzares.  The period is in an inconvient place.  I like where they put the M but not the Z or W.  All the numbers you have to press shift to use because the French have all these crazy symbols like é, è, ç, à.  And the comma is in a different place.  


So now I am going to prep for my lesson that I am going to have with the children.  à bientot

1 comments:

Pamela Nichols said...

I don't mind that you're not homesick. I would worry more if I thought you were unhappy there. Now that I know you are safe and happy, I will be able to paint without distraction.

Interesting how different the keyboard is. I'm very sorry the A is in an inconvenient place, especially for someone named Anna!

Post a Comment